Thursday, March 22, 2012

Open Studio

 Today I took down my work from Open Studio an exhibition at the end of a 3 month residency in Kilkenny Arts Office. My plan for the residency (not really a big plan) was to not use fleece and to experiment with drawing and small work. Not using fleece meant not slowing the process...well when sculptural pieces take 3 months to make this was a good plan!
I had to trust in the process. The photographs shown here are one of a female head from a life drawing session. The following two are of Christy (one life size), a man who came in to chat to me. All the work shown is made with thread and insect pins. The opportunity in the Arts Office brought me back to my fascination with people, the conservations and differences. The opportunity also brought new ways of working with materials.

No comments: